GATE Exam Latest Pattern and Selection Process
GATE is conducted by jointly by the Indian instituted of science and seven Indian institutes of technology ( Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, madras and Roorkee ) on behalf of the National Coordination Board. . study materials for GATE are available in online for all branches they are AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI,TF, XE, AR, CY GG, MA, PH and XL. GATE is stand for ( Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering ). For GATE examination Student can get online solved paper like e-books, question banks, notes etc.
- GATE examination is an online examination of three hours. it consist of 65 question ( out of which 35 question are of 2 marks and 30 question are of 1 marks ). So total examination for 100 marks.
- General aptitude consists of 10 questions for 15 marks.
- Engineering mathematics 15 % of total marks
- General aptitude 15% of total marks
- 70 % for technical subjects.
- The question paper consists of two type paper.
Multiple choices question :- four option is given and you want to choose one
Numerical answer type question
- There will be 2 or 3 negative marking in 2 marks question.
- And 1 or 3 negative marking in 1 marks question.
Many type of paper codes are.
- Aerospace Engineering – AE
- Agricultural Engineering – AG
- Architecture and Planning – AR
- Biotechnology – BT
- Civil Engineering – CE
- Chemical Engineering – CH
- Computer Science &Information Technology – CS
- Chemistry – CY
- Electronics and Communication Engineering – EC
- Electrical Engineering –EE
- Engineering Sciences – XE
- Petrolium Engineering – PE
- Geology and Geophysics – GG
- Instrumentation Engineering – IN
- Life Sciences – XL
- Mathematics – MA
- Mechanical Engineering – ME
- Mining Engineering – MN
- Metallurgical Engineering – MT
- Physics – PH
- Production and Industrial Engineering –PI
- Textile Engineering & Fibre Science – TF
- Ecology and Evolution – EY